Find a roofer in Fairport, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Fairport, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing contractors generally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Fairport, NY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Fairport, NY. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.