Find a roofer in Fair Haven, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Fair Haven, NY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Fair Haven, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Fair Haven, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.