Find a roofer in Eldred, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Eldred, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Eldred, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Eldred, NY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.