Find a roofer in Eastchester, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is good for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Eastchester, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Eastchester, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.