Find a roofer in East Rochester, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in East Rochester, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near East Rochester, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in East Rochester, New York. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Rochester, New York. Find the right contractor for your property right away.