Find a roofer in East Rochester, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in East Rochester, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in East Rochester, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in East Rochester, New York. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.