Find a roofer in East Elmhurst, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in East Elmhurst, New York. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Elmhurst, New YorkHome // New York // East Elmhurst
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in East Elmhurst, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in East Elmhurst, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.