Find a roofer in East Durham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in East Durham, NY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near East Durham, NY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in East Durham, NY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in East Durham, NY. Find the right contractor for your property right away.