Find a roofer in East Branch, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing work?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near East Branch, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in East Branch, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.