Find a roofer in East Bethany, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing services done?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near East Bethany, NY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Bethany, NY, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.