Find a roofer in Durham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofers come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Durham, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Durham, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Durham, New York. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.