Find a roofer in Dover Plains, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Dover Plains, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dover Plains, New YorkHome // New York // Dover Plains
Roofing Maintenance Services near Dover Plains, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Dover Plains, New York, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.