Find a roofer in Copiague, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Copiague, New York. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Copiague, New YorkHome // New York // Copiague
Roofing Maintenance Services near Copiague, New York
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Copiague, New York. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.