Find a roofer in Comstock, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Comstock, NY. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Comstock, NY
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Comstock, NY, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Comstock, NY. Find the right contractor for your house now.