Find a roofer in Commack, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Commack
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the typical costs affiliated with fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Commack, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Commack, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.