Find a roofer in College Point, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in College Point, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near College Point, New YorkHome // New York // College Point
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in College Point, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in College Point, NY. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.