Find a roofer in Clinton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Clinton, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clinton, NY. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.