Find a roofer in Cleveland, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
At what point should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Cleveland, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Cleveland, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.