Find a roofer in Clay, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Clay, New York. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to repair the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Clay, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Clay, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.