Find a roofer in Chittenango, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Chittenango, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Chittenango, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.