Find a roofer in Catskill, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to get roofing contractors come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Catskill, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Catskill, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.