Find a roofer in Cato, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I schedule an appointment for my roofing project?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Cato, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Cato, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cato, NY. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.