Find a roofer in Canton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing projects?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to get a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Canton, NY. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
When is a roof inspection needed?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Canton, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Canton, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.