Find a roofer in Campbell, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing professionals generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good time for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Campbell, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Campbell, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.