Find a roofer in Camillus, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Camillus, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Camillus, New York. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.