Find a roofer in Buchanan, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Buchanan, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Buchanan, New YorkHome // New York // Buchanan
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Buchanan, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Buchanan, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.