Find a roofer in Brooktondale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Brooktondale, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brooktondale, NY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.