Find a roofer in Brookhaven, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brookhaven, New YorkRoofing // New York // Brookhaven
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard price charged by roofing professionals for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Brookhaven, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Brookhaven, New York. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.