Find a roofer in Brookhaven, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Brookhaven
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the proper occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof maintenance services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Brookhaven, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Brookhaven, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Brookhaven, New York. Find the right contractor for your home today.