Find a roofer in Brookhaven, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Brookhaven, New York. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brookhaven, New YorkHome // New York // Brookhaven
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Brookhaven, New York
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Brookhaven, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Brookhaven, New York. Find the right contractor for your home today.