Find a roofer in Brookfield, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for a roofing project?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Brookfield, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Brookfield, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.