Find a roofer in Bronx, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Bronx
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is inspecting my roof required?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the best time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Bronx, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Bronx, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Bronx, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.