Find a roofer in Brockport, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Brockport, NY. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Brockport, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Brockport, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.