Find a roofer in Brewerton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Brewerton, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Brewerton, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Brewerton, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.