Find a roofer in Bliss, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bliss, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bliss, NY, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.