Find a roofer in Big Flats, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Big Flats, New YorkHome // New York // Big Flats
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Big Flats, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Big Flats, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Big Flats, NY. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.