Find a roofer in Bellmore, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Bellmore
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Bellmore, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
At what moment should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bellmore, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bellmore, NY. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.