Find a roofer in Bedford, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bedford, New YorkHome // New York // Bedford
Roofing Maintenance Services near Bedford, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Bedford, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Bedford, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.