Find a roofer in Bedford Hills, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical price charged by roofing professionals for a replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Bedford Hills, New York
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bedford Hills, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.