Find a roofer in Bayside, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Bayside
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is good for a roofing job?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bayside, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Bayside, NY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.