Find a roofer in Bayside, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bayside, New YorkHome // New York // Bayside
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bayside, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Bayside, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.