Find a roofer in Baldwin Place, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Baldwin Place, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Baldwin Place, New YorkHome // New York // Baldwin Place
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Baldwin Place, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Baldwin Place, NY. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.