Find a roofer in Attica, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Attica, New York
When you need roofing maintenance services in Attica, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.