Find a roofer in Athens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Athens, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Athens, NY
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Athens, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Athens, NY. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.