Find a roofer in Astoria, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Astoria
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take to get a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Astoria, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Astoria, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Astoria, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.