Find a roofer in Ashville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Ashville, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ashville, NY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.