Find a roofer in Argyle, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for building a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Argyle, New York
When you need roofing maintenance services in Argyle, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.