Find a roofer in Ardsley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much does a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Ardsley, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Ardsley, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Ardsley, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ardsley, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.