Find a roofer in West Wendover, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in West Wendover, NV
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in West Wendover, NV. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.