Find a roofer in Stateline, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Stateline, NV
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stateline, NV. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.